Lubuntu 13.10 lid close freeze, Intel 82852/855GM graphics

Kadrija Hrlovic kalehrl at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 15:00:13 UTC 2013

I have a Dell latitude d505 laptop running Lubuntu 13.10.
When I close the lid, the screen becomes blank and the mouse cursor freezes.
The backlight is still on but the system is completely unresponsive.
I can't even ssh into the laptop to shut it down properly but have to pull
the plug.
When I go to suspend from the logout menu, it suspends fine and I can close
the lid and when I lift it it wakes properly.
I tried changing the options in xfce-power-manager to disable suspend but
to no avail.
I also tried editing the /etc/systemd/logind.conf but nothing worked.
Whenever the lid is closed system hangs.
This is my first bug report but devs are not very interested in it since
there hasn't been any response from them:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/1254131
This is the same bug but it was closed with 'won't fix' because that
distribution was no longer supported:
Does anyone have a similar problems?