2 suggestions; Diodon and numlockx

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 18:12:51 UTC 2013

Hi again,

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi :)
>
> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Eric Bradshaw <
> ericbradshaw at computers4christians.org> wrote:
>
>> My apologies in advance if these things have already been addressed,
>

> Indeed, these are topics we discussed many times before but it is totally
> fine to re-discuss that to keep a healthy environment where people 'do
> communicate' with each other :)  this is after all the point to have a
> mailing list :)
>

> but
>> I hope to see a couple of basic (what I think most new Lubuntu users
>> expect) features added to Lubuntu:
>>
>> 1. A simple clipboard manager. Parcellite doesn't seem to work. If you
>> copy a command from say, a web page in Firefox, but close the page
>> before pasting it into LXTerminal - it disappears. C4C includes Diodon
>> for this reason. The following is a discussion about it on the LXDE
>> Forum - http://forum.lxde.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=36214
>>

> For me, everything works fine and we have done that starting from 12.04 or
> 12.10 - can't really remember now but everything works fine at least with
> me :)
>

>> 2. Automatic number locking. You have to hit the number lock key before
>> using the keypad and it doesn't stick after a reboot. C4C includes
>> numlockx for this reason, but there is a command line edit too. The
>> following is a discussion about it on the Ubuntu Forums -
>>

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxsession/+bug/1072114
>

>> Eric
>>
>> --
>> Thank You,
>> God Bless,
>> Computers4Christians
>> http://www.Computers4Christians.org/
>>

> Thank you!

Here is an old bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-default-settings/+bug/926893

Reported on: 2012-02-04
And, Clipboard Manager was added since then:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-default-settings/+bug/926893/comments/11

And, AFAIK, everything is working just fine and there is no issue in this
regard :)

Best Regards,