Pitching in with Lubuntu

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 20:40:23 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 12:14 AM, Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph
<lyz at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> Hi Lubuntu friends!

Hello Lyz :)

Welcome to Lubuntu :)
It is a pleasure to have you here!

> Some of you may know me from the Ubuntu and Xubuntu communities. I’m
> currently a member of the Ubuntu Community Council and have served as
> web and marketing lead for the Xubuntu team for the past couple
> cycles. I also run Lubuntu on my old PPC-based laptop :)

Despite it was a short time but it was great experience to be with Xubuntu
Team and hope I could find the time and make my next experience last for
longer time :)

> A few days ago I had the opportunity to chat with Ali about the status
> of the Lubuntu project and offered to give some feedback over these
> next few months to help out the team.

Was a great and positive chat, thanks once more for your time, much
appreciated :)

> I don’t really have any immediate suggestions as I’m just getting to
> know the team, so I just wanted to say hello and offer assistance as
> advice is required given my experience with other projects. I
> certainly don’t know everything about running healthy communities, but
> I do hope you will find value as I work to pitch in on threads where
> general feedback is requested. Feel free to also reach out to me
> directly, I’ll also be hanging out in #lubuntu on freenode as pleia2.
>
> Take care,
>
> --
> Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph || Lyz || pleia2
> http://www.princessleia.com

Being around and offering any kind of help or advice is definitely a plus
specially if this will come from someone with your high skills and long
experience with Ubuntu Communities ... and I am sure our Lubuntu Friends
will be so glad that you are here :)

Thank you so much and have a great time!
Your help and support are highly needed and appreciated :)

Best Regards,