Twitter Conflict - Lubuntu Website

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 15:21:09 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 7:08 PM, NikTh <nikth76 at yandex.com> wrote:

> On 11/14/2013 04:46 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> > The 'official' words has been used, exactly, to show the difference and
> > prevent anyone else to create an account and claims that account is the
> > official account.
>
>  But I can claim an account like @lubunturealoffical or
> @lubuntuofficialcommunity or @lubuntucommunity if I want. There are so
> many alternatives, that could confuse people.

See this:
https://support.twitter.com/groups/31-twitter-basics/topics/111-features/articles/119135-about-verified-accounts#

Just one way to be in the safe side :)

Also,anyone can still send to that community and double check if that
account is fake or not ;)

> On 11/14/2013 04:46 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> > We are a group of volunteers, we are not getting paid, we
> > do what we do because we love it. WHY everything on Lubuntu must be
> > complicated and hard to be understood?
>
> Believe me when I say that I know what you are. I'm a participant too,
> also an Official Ubuntu Member elected by the Official Ubuntu council
> (see the words official again now , heah).

Ha? official member? sorry, I can't see your @ubuntu.com :P :P just kidding
:)

> Nobody can impose or requires from a person to follow this account or
> that.

No question about that - too obvious I guess :D

> Though I will agree with the following
>
> On 11/14/2013 04:46 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> > I usually follow active accounts with useful posts ;)

Good ;)

> Regards
>  NikTh

Thank you!