[Lubuntu-qa] keymap us(alt-intl) not working as expected.

Federico Leoni effelle at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 11:20:42 UTC 2013

Em 03/11/2013 00:08, "Andre Rodovalho" <andre.rodovalho at gmail.com> escreveu:

> Do you have this problem on Lubuntu 13.04?
>
> I updated to 13.10 from 13.04... LxKeymap is still here, and also the lxpannel widget... But I have no problems with this caracters. Maybe the language installed makes difference, I installed with Portuguese-BR using US Keyboard with dead keys!
>

> 2013/11/2 Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund at gmail.com>
>>
>> On 2013-11-01 23:34, Federico Leoni wrote:
>> > Before open a bug (if possible for a single layout) I would like to
>> > see if anyone is suffering for the same issue.
>> >
>> > For my work and for real life I write a lot in English, Italian and
>> > Portuguese so on all my system desktop (Lubuntu 13.04), netbook and
>> > notebook (Lubuntu 13.10), I set my keyboard to US alternative
>> > international.
>> > What I expect pressing the key " ' " followed by " c " from the
>> > keyboard is  the special char " ç " (ALT code 135) but on 13.10 it
>> > read it as a " ć ", when on 13.04 is working as expected.
>> > I tried to configure it with the new keyboard layout Handler applet
>> > and with the old-but-good Lxkeymap but Lubuntu simply seems to ignore
>> > the existence of that char. The rest of the keyboard is working fine.
>> > This char is really important for Portuguese so it's a big problerm
>> > for me.
>> > I can change the keyboard layout without troubles, so the issue seems
>> > to be related to this specific layer.
>> > I tried with a standard Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 live, same behavior.
>> >
>> > I hope you will understand what I mean, if no one as any clues I'll open a bug.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > F.
>> >
>> I can confirm this behaviour also with Swedish keyboard
>>
>> Examples
>>
>> Acute accent + c  prints ç in 12.04.3 but ć in 13.10
>> Acute accent + e  prints é in 12.04.3 and 13.10
>>
>> When I log in from a Lubuntu 13.10 client via ssh to a Xubuntu 12.04.3
>> ssh server, I get the 13.10 behaviour, so it seems connected to the
>> keyboard setting rather than interpreting the ascii code.
>>
>> So please file a bug report and post the bug number. I will add 'affects
>> me too'.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Nio
>>
>> --

André,

thanks for making me ring a bell in my head.
my desktop (running 13.04) is set to PT-BR, if I change language to US
the keyboard start acting strange as on others PC.
 Setting to PT-BR my netbook and notebook solved the problem but I
need an English setup here. And have a keyboard that change behavior
with the language is not the best.

@Nio:

could you gently try to set your system language to Swedish to see if
the keyboard starts acting fine? I'll wait your reply then I'll update
informations on Launchpad.

F.