[Lubuntu-qa] keymap us(alt-intl) not working as expected.

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 07:25:14 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-01 23:34, Federico Leoni wrote:
> Before open a bug (if possible for a single layout) I would like to
> see if anyone is suffering for the same issue.
>
> For my work and for real life I write a lot in English, Italian and
> Portuguese so on all my system desktop (Lubuntu 13.04), netbook and
> notebook (Lubuntu 13.10), I set my keyboard to US alternative
> international.
> What I expect pressing the key " ' " followed by " c " from the
> keyboard is  the special char " ç " (ALT code 135) but on 13.10 it
> read it as a " ć ", when on 13.04 is working as expected.
> I tried to configure it with the new keyboard layout Handler applet
> and with the old-but-good Lxkeymap but Lubuntu simply seems to ignore
> the existence of that char. The rest of the keyboard is working fine.
> This char is really important for Portuguese so it's a big problerm
> for me.
> I can change the keyboard layout without troubles, so the issue seems
> to be related to this specific layer.
> I tried with a standard Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 live, same behavior.
>
> I hope you will understand what I mean, if no one as any clues I'll open a bug.
>
> Thanks,
>
> F.

I can confirm this behaviour also with Swedish keyboard

Examples

Acute accent + c  prints ç in 12.04.3 but ć in 13.10
Acute accent + e  prints é in 12.04.3 and 13.10

When I log in from a Lubuntu 13.10 client via ssh to a Xubuntu 12.04.3
ssh server, I get the 13.10 behaviour, so it seems connected to the
keyboard setting rather than interpreting the ascii code.

So please file a bug report and post the bug number. I will add 'affects
me too'.

Best regards
Nio