Chromium vs Firefox : Need testimonies

Julien Lavergne gilir at ubuntu.com
Fri May 31 17:53:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

In order to have more feedbacks before deciding to switch to Firefox,
or to keep Chromium by default, I would like to ask you some
testimonies and any feedbacks about the use of the 2 browsers. We need
to evaluate the use of the 2 browsers *on old and not-so-fast
hardware*. It's important because our main targets are this type of
hardware. I know people are using Lubuntu on high specs hardware (like
me), but this is not our main goal to optimize the system for this
type of people.

One tip if you want to compare memory usage between the 2 browsers :
go to the address chrome://memory under chromium. That should not be
the only source of information, but it can help in your evaluation.

So, if you have feedback on using both browsers, please bring it to us
:-) But please, keep the discussion on this topic (feedback on low
spec hardware).

Thanks in advance :-)

Regards,
Julien Lavergne