Missing packages for easytag and handbrake

Yorvyk yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Fri May 24 08:56:07 UTC 2013

On 23/05/13 16:16, John S. Dey wrote:
> Just one more note.  The easytags installs on ubuntu 13.04.
>
> John On May 23, 2013, at 6:50 AM, Yorvyk wrote:
>
>> On 22/05/13 20:35, John S. Dey wrote:
>>> I could not install handbrake or easytag because of missing
>>> packages.  How can I get the missing packages?  Thanks.
>>>
>> A bit more info would be useful, such as:-
>>
>> What packages are missing? What version of Lubuntu are you using?
>> What errors are you getting?

I have no problems installing easytag on Lubuntu 12.10, 13.04 or Saucy.
I assume you are trying to install handbrake from a PPA or deb as it's
not in the repos. If that's the case then who ever packaged it is
assuming certain packages are already installed and hasn't marked them
as required or is asking for versions that aren't available from the repos.

--
Steve