How To Install Nvidia Drivers In LUbuntu

Tong Sun suntong at lavabit.com
Mon May 20 00:23:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm using LUbuntu 13.04 and need to install the proprietary nvidia driver
on my system because the Nouveau driver is not working properly for
my GeForce 6150SE (Ref #1).

The Community Help Wik @
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia tells me to go
to "System -> Administration -> Additional Drivers", but I don't have that
menu entry (I'm using fluxbox as my WM actually).

Google search indicated that I should install nvidia-current-updates, but
it is only a transitional package. However, its description is not helpful
to me at all:

Package: nvidia-current-updates
Description-en: Transitional package for nvidia-current-updates
 This is a transitional package for nvidia-current-updates, and can be
 safely removed after the installation is complete.

I.e., it doesn't say what package should be installed.

How should install the proprietary nvidia driver on LUbuntu 13.04,
preferable through command line, that can invoke the proper hardware
detection to install the
proper driver for my card?

Thanks

PS. my GeForce 6150SE card:

$ lspci | grep VGA
00:0d.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE
nForce 430] (rev a2)

Ref #1: https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/229228