New LXDE/pcmanfm Qt packages for Ubuntu available from git

PCMan pcman.tw at gmail.com
Thu May 16 03:14:21 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 1:50 AM, Mr Wislr <contact at unleashpc.com> wrote:
> is lxde moving to qt?

Yes, and no.
Gtk+ 3 is in a mess now and it's hard to work with.
So, we're currently explore other possibilities and evaluate alternatives.
Support for the gtk+ version will continue.
For example, andriy is still improving pcmanfm gtk+ version now.
The only way to know if using Qt is good for LXDE is to try it.
That's why I tried to port several LXDE components to Qt.
It's not that difficult and the current result seems to be promising.
The resource usage is still acceptable.
For now, we keep support for both Gtk+ and Qt variants.
In the future, that depends.
We need more user and developer feedback and further investigation.
If using Qt results in high resource usage, I won't use. That's for sure.