Drag-n-drop not working for me with PCManFM (13.04 fully updated)

Yorvyk yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Sun May 12 09:50:20 UTC 2013

On 12/05/13 09:15, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do feel really bad for not taking this email too seriously and
> didn't investigate and check myself. I'm too late to reply this now
> :(
>
> Could you please confirm if this is the same issue as here:
> http://youtu.be/ix6P6ZwQR-k
>
> I have sent an email last night with 6 points, one of them was
> talking about this issue. When checking my inbox, this has been
> reported on 26th of April. I don't know why no one else has replied
> or looked into this before?
>
> Sorry again and let's do something serious about this!
>
> *@ALL*
>
> Obviously, this is a bug. If not a bug, then how to fix it? If a bug,
> against what package shall we report it?
>
> Thanks!
>

> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 7:44 AM, Augustine Souza
> <aesouza2008 at gmail.com <mailto:aesouza2008 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi All, I can't drag and drop files in PCManFM. I can't do it
> between folders and I can't drag files from folders to the desktop
> and vice versa. For now, I click on a file and then use ctrl+C and
> Ctrl+V. If I want to move files, I first have to copy them, then
> delete the original.
>
> I can drag stuff from the desktop to a G-Mail compose window so I
> don't think there's anything wrong with my mouse.
>
> My system is a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop (Core2Duo, 4 GB RAM).
>
> One thing that may (not) be relevant is that when I installed Lubuntu
> 13.04 a few days ago, there was a suggestion to update the installer.
> Since I didn't know how to do that, I just went ahead with the
> install from the LiveUSB which I made after verifying the md5sum. I
> figured that subsequent updates which I've done would be just as
> good.

I don't have any files or folders on the desktop normally, but I've
tested this and it does fail as above and in the video. I've filed a bug
#1179167 if you'd like to click 'effects me' and add anything, although
amjjawad's video shows the problem very well so I'm not sure anything
else needs to be said at the moment.

--
Steve