[Pentium M] Poll

Yorvyk yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Thu May 9 13:26:51 UTC 2013

On 09/05/13 11:52, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We are running a survey/poll to find out:

We?

> *How Many Users are having Pentium M CPU?*

Why?

> - If you are in Linux, please run this command in your Terminal to
> find out whether you do have a Pentium M CPU or not:
>
> cat /proc/cpuinfo
>
> - If you are using Windows, please go to Control Panel > System OR
> Right Click on My Computer > Properties
>
> So, please *_BEFORE_* voting, make sure what type of CPU do you have
> :)
>
> As always, thank you so much for taking the time to vote!
>
> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XQC6KNZ
>

> *_Note:_* *You can ONLY vote once!*

Not true, I voted twice.

I fail to see the point of this. If you want to know how many Pentium M
cpus there are, then it is not a yes/no question. If this is about the
PAE problem then just asking who has a Pentoum M isn't going to produce
a accurate figure as not all Pentium M cpus suffer this problem.
There are a number of work rounds for this, the Fake-PAE patch, Thomas
Reith's non-PAE kernels and of cause, a different distro.
I've just installed the latest #! on my T42 laptop and will probably add
LXDE.

--
Steve