No wired internet

Yorvyk yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Mon May 6 19:04:06 UTC 2013

On 06/05/13 19:00, John S. Dey wrote:
> I just installed lubuntu3.03 x86_64 on a Dell Inspriron 1750.
> Installed smoothly but I have no wired or wireless connection.  I'm
> trying to get wired working.  Can anyone give me some pointers on how
> to configure?  Thank you.  Here is some debugging:

This sort of problem can get messy, so here are a few suggestions to
try. Sorry if you've tried all this.
Have you tried different cable/port, restarting the router?
'sudo service network-manager start' sometimes resets things and gets
the network running.
Is there a switch turn the network on/off, although this normally only
applies to wireless.
Unless you're expecting a IPv6 address try disabling it.

--
Steve