[Lubuntu-qa] Lubuntu 13.04 'Raring' for Pentium M CPUs

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Wed May 1 11:14:17 UTC 2013

Sorry, I don't understand.

apt-get dist-upgrade can upgrade kernels, but the critical step is
getting beyond 12.04 without the pae flag. So

do-release-upgrade

needs to be run twice to get to 13.04, which is complicated, prone to
breakage, and time-consuming.

But maybe you know of a path, that I don't know, to use

apt-get dist-upgrade

for this purpose.

     -o-

I think Lubuntu 13.04 'Raring' for Pentium M CPUs is a good alternative
for a fresh install.

But for those who have more or less personalized versions of Lubuntu
12.04 running, the fake-pae method is good for upgrading to new pae
releases, so yes, it should be mentioned on the wiki :-)

Best regards
Nio