[razor-qt] PCManFM Qt 0.1.0 released.
adys.wh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 13:25:45 UTC 2013
Thanks, this is brilliant.
Some early feedback; I'm guessing you're aware of most of it:
- UX for when going to a directory that doesn't exist is pretty bad; I
would suggest graying out the background and either an infobar or a
chrome-style error message with a button to create the directory.
- "Operation is not supported" on the gvfs stuff: the icons should be
hidden or grayed out if they are unusable.
- My cursor gets stuck to the "Waiting..." cursor after clicking about in
the left panel.
- Please implement zooming in/out with ctrl mousewheel and ctrl+/- :)
- Applications in Open With / Properties have no icons
- There's no way to permanently delete a file without moving it to the
- "Open with pcmanfm-qt" on directories makes no sense :-)
- Should be able to open directories in new tabs (ctrl+dblclick /
rightclick->open in new tab)
- Compress menu item doesn't do anything
- Any way to filter current directory? (ctrl+f foo and only the matching
Very cool stuff otherwise. I love that we have quite a few solid qt file
managers now :)
On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 2:42 AM, PCMan <pcman.tw at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello world,
> I just released PCManFM Qt file manager 0.1.0.
> The tarball is available for download here.
> You'll need libfm to build it (which is included in many distros).
> This release contains no thumbnail support.
> However a fully working thumbnail support is already in the git.
> Because this requires some changes to the upstream libfm library,
> it's scheduled for the next release and not make public at the moment.
> To turn on the desktop icon management feature, run with the command:
> > pcmanfm-qt --desktop
> Generally it's a good idea to add this command to your session startup
> To turn the desktop icon manager off again, do this:
> > pcmanfm-qt --desktop-off
> If you don't want to use the desktop icons, you can still add the
> command to your session startup script:
> > pcmanfm-qt --daemon
> In this way, it will becomes a background daemon. Every time you need
> to open a folder with pcmanfm-qt, it can be shown "immediately".
> Thank you.
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Razor-qt" group.
> For more options, visit this group at
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Razor-qt" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to razor-qt+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Lubuntu-users