grub configuration

Paul Sutton zleap at zleap.net
Sat Mar 23 14:53:50 UTC 2013

I am digging around trying to work out how to change which system boots
by default

http://zleap.net/notes-grub-configuration/

I have put some notes on my website,  it seems that :

1. I can change where things appear on the boot  menu as in what order
but to change a set of steps i need to do this using the command line
and a text editor

is this correct or is there a tool somewhere to simply allow me to
select the OS and then hit set to default and have this set my selection
to default.  I am sure there was a tool for this,  what I can't
understand is why grub-customiser can't do this too,  or maybe it can't
its just not obvious that the option is doing this.

thanks

Paul

http://www.zleap.net
skype : psutton111

http://www.raspberrypi.org
http://www.ubuntu.com

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.