PulseAudio not finding Bluetooth headset

Lars Noodén lars.nooden at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 13:26:35 UTC 2013

I have a new bluetooth headset which Lubuntu's bluetooth utility on the
task bar finds with no problem.  It also finds and runs with a bluetooth
mouse, which is great.

However, when I look at the bluetooth menu and look at Sound Settings
for the headset, the System Settings window shows irrelevant stuff like
Languages Support, Online Accounts, Printers, and Software & Updates.

If I go to the system menu -> Sound & Video -> PulseAudio Volume
Control, the control panel there does not see the headset at all.  What
needs to be changed to make the headset available for all applications?

Regards,
/Lars