Changes in Ubuntu releases decided by the Ubuntu Technical Board

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 19 23:37:16 UTC 2013

Hi Lonnis Vranos,

Just how, if any way, the possibly new rolling release will affect either
the flavours (lubunut / kubuntu / xununtu etc). and 'mile stone' releases
will happen has not yet been decided. As was stated, "How releases will
happen" is now the discussion. All that has been so far agreed is that LTS
will be LTS and desktop will will be supported for 9 months. As to how we
release a 'stable' release has only just put been put forward for further
discussion.

Regards,

Phill.

--