Is Apport turned off?

Eric Bradshaw ericbradshaw at computers4christians.org
Fri Jun 28 13:37:21 UTC 2013

I don't know if it's just us, or if Apport is still on in 13.04. But, I
figured you all might want to check before 13.10 is final.

I'm about to add this the following to our (C4C) website this weekend

FALSE CRASH NOTICE: Apport is used in alpha and beta releases of Lubuntu
(and other *buntus) to find and report bugs. It is supposed to be turned
off in final releases. We failed to notice Apport remained on in (our
ReSpins of) Lubuntu. If you get seemingly random crash report pop-ups
and your system seems fine otherwise; Apport is likely the culprit.

Run the following in LXTerminal to shut Apport off:
sudo sed -i s/enabled=1/enabled=0/ /etc/default/apport

Eric
--
Thank You,
God Bless,