I think Lubuntu is selling itself short (Lubuntu as a server base OS??)

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Fri Jun 28 01:00:18 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013, at 11:04 AM, Phill Whiteside wrote:

> I've just had chance to look at the cdimage page for lubuntu (the
> alpha 1's of 13.10 which passed have just been released). There is
> mention of 'server' stuff under the heading for alternate images [1]
>
> We can mirror those comments on the 'GetLubuntu' page. (Jason ? :) )

You could, but no self-respecting server admin is going to install a GUI
on their server base OS, if they are planning to use a machine as a
large-
scale virtualization host!  They will install a server OS, and manage it
from their workstation(s).  It is likely they will install Ubuntu Server
12.04 if they are into using Ubuntu on servers.

What benefit does Lubuntu have as a real server OS over Ubuntu server??

Jonathan
--
  Jonathan Marsden
  jmarsden at fastmail.fm