[Lubuntu-comms] Munich to distribute Lubuntu CDs to replace Windows XP

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 14:54:05 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-25 16:25, Lars Noodén wrote:
> Lubuntu is in the news, here is one summary out of several:
>
> http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/06/germany-to-hand-out-free-ubuntu-cds-on-xps-deat
>
> A similar approach could be taken by other XP users, especially if we
> encourage it.
>
> Would the project be able to (and desire to) accommodate users, testers,
> and developers from that pool?  They could help bring us through 13.10
> up to the LTS holy grail of 14.04
>
> Regards,
> /Lars

I think this is a great opportunity, and I really hope people will be
happy receiving [many] new people.

Will they be happy installing Lubuntu in less than 100 seconds?

I was kind of frustrated, that in order to succeed with low RAM, most if
not all degrees of freedom are lost, and yet the [graphical desktop]
installer feels quite unstable. Yes, I admit that is is much better than
before with zRAM, but anyway, if there are no degrees of freedom you
might as well run a simple deterministic shell-script.

I will write more about it in a separate mail.

Best regards
Nio