zRAM for the Alternate Install? (was: Re: [Lubuntu-qa] RAM needed for desktop installer reduced to half by zRAM )

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 23:58:58 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 3:55 AM, Jackson Doak <noskcaj at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> If you need testing on something below 128mb, let me know, i have access
> to a warehouse of ancient PCs

Thank you so much for this offer but I do not think it worth the time and
the effort.
Lubuntu will be installed on that, IMHO. I have installed it on P2 with
64MB RAM using the Mini ISO method.

With 128MB RAM, you can't do anything. You can't even use a browser. The
system will be not usable, even with zRAM, I don't expect much.

However, if you guys are interested, we can do that but ... let's NOT make
it a priority :)

--

"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

*Best Regards,*
*amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*
*Start Ubuntu<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>
*