Minimum RAM required to install Saucy (Lubuntu 13.10) from Desktop ISO

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 12:05:50 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Leszek Lesner <leszek.lesner at web.de> wrote:

> Am Montag, 17. Juni 2013, 12:48:27 schrieb Yorvyk:
> > On 17/06/13 02:13, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> >
> > > 2. Or was I doing something seriously wrong?
> >
> > Probably :D
> >
> > We need to run Saucy installs on as much hardware as possible as I
> > believe there is more to this than just RAM size. I suspect some old CD
> > drives aren't really up to it. I know the one in this machine is
> > somewhat erratic.
>
> Therefore we need to recommend the usage of usb live sticks. CD-ROM/DVD-ROM
> drives tend to fail and also cd/dvd-writers tend to write cd-rs with to
> much
> errors.

Hello Leszek,

You may forgot that some old machines don't really have USB Ports. If these
have, the machine doesn't boot from that USB and not everyone knows about
PLOP, and yes, we are talking about the new and beginners users.

I do agree that LiveUSB makes a lot of difference indeed as far as I've
seen for the last 2 years for so many tests I have personally done.
However, the classic and the standard approach, IMHO, shall be the LiveCD.

--

"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

*Best Regards,*
*amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*
*Start Ubuntu<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>
*