Default Programs to 13.10 and 14.04

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 20:12:10 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 12:05 AM, Lars Nooden <lars.nooden at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jun 2013, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> [snip]
> > vlc
> [snip]
>
> I appreciate VLC very much but haven't tried it on the lower-end machines.
> It covers both audio and video so might take the place of two
> applications.  I should take a closer look at Audacious and GnomeMplayer
> to better be able to form an opinion.
>
> Regards,
> /Lars

You can find my hardware details on under my signature. VLC runs crazily
prefect on that machine without a single problem.
The default player, I think it's name is gnome-player (I'm not sure of the
name because I don't use it much) is problematic and I guess from version
12.04 or before that until now, it keeps showing that silly error/report
message over and over again. VLC never given me any issue.
The only thing that I don't like much about VLC is its files but now, I
have better internet speed so don't care much for how long the download
will take any more :D

--

"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

*Best Regards,*
*amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*
*Start Ubuntu<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>
*