Autologin

Lars Noodén lars.nooden at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 16:49:34 UTC 2013

I've set 'autologin' in lxdm.conf, yet when I cold boot the system, I
still have to choose a user name and enter a password.  I notice that
the three files are symlinks:

$ ls -l /etc/lxdm/default.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 May 30 11:21 /etc/lxdm/default.conf ->
/etc/alternatives/lxdm.conf
lars at lubuntu:~$ ls -l /etc/alternatives/lxdm.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 May 30 11:21 /etc/alternatives/lxdm.conf ->
/etc/xdg/lubuntu/lxdm/lxdm.conf

Is there another place that 'autologin' must be set for it to take
effect or is there a second value that must be changed, too?

This is on saucy on AMD64.

Regards,
/Lars