Internet Speed

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 23:39:28 UTC 2013

Hi,

Problem Solved. I changed the router and now, I can enjoy the full speed.
The router I'm using still 802.11n thought but works with my old machine
perfectly.

Thanks everyone!

On Tuesday, June 4, 2013, Andre Rodovalho <andre.rodovalho at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had already the same problem, with the same adapter... Intel 3945ABG.
But now I upgraded my board to a N capable...

> I don't remember exactly, but I guess I had the problem with a N capable
router, I had tested with another one, and the speed was good on one and
bad on the newer...

> I realy have no idea if is a router incompatibility or a driver
problem... Or both!

> 2013/6/4 Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad at gmail.com>
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Aere Greenway <Aere at dvorak-keyboards.com>
wrote:

>> On 06/03/2013 10:49 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
>>
>> The one with full speed has Win 7 and Oracle VM so tested Lubuntu 12.04
on that VM and speed is fine.
>> On my test laptop, it is a multi boot system and all systems are the
same.

>> Ali:
>>
>> When you access the internet from Linux (or whatever OS) from within
VirtualBox, the Internet connection used is part of the emulation package,
and is not (I believe) a valid test of accessing the Internet from a
stand-alone OS not run in VirtualBox.

>> In your case, the actual Internet connection is that of Windows 7, with
some emulation software connecting it to your Linux within VirtuaBox.

>> --
>> Sincerely,
>> Aere
>>

>> Hello Aera,
>> Without debating and go any further/deeper, I was just trying to say, my
main Laptop with or without Linux, is showing the same download rate and
upload rate with very slight difference :)
>> Windows 7 is showing the real speed that it should be.
>> Linux, no matter what version of Lubuntu, is NOT.
>> When I connect my 802.11n USB WiFi Adapter, to my test laptop, the one
with the problem in speed, the speed is normal too.
>> The weird part, as I explained, the upload is triple the download speed
on my test laptop using the built in WiFi Adapter:
>>  *-network
>>        product: PRO/Wireless 3945ABG [Golan] Network Connection
>>        vendor: Intel Corporation
>>        physical id: 0
>>        bus info: pci at 0000:02:00.0
>>        logical name: wlan0
>>        version: 02
>>        serial: 00:19:d2:b8:99:77
>>        width: 32 bits
>>        clock: 33MHz
>>        capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet
physical wireless
>>        configuration:
broadcast=yes driver=iwl3945 driverversion=3.5.0-32-generic
firmware=15.32.2.9 ip=x.x.x.x latency=0 link=yes
multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11abg
>>        resources: irq:43 memory:fdfff000-fdffffff
>>

>> --

*Best Regards,*
*amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*
*Start Ubuntu<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>