Internet Speed

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 04:49:11 UTC 2013

Hello Jackson,

Are we talking about the Network Manager version? Or type of Wifi? As in G
or N? Or release? What do you mean by wifi version?

The one with full speed has Win 7 and Oracle VM so tested Lubuntu 12.04 on
that VM and speed is fine.
On my test laptop, it is a multi boot system and all systems are the same.

When I had 1Mbps speed, BOTH laptops had the same speed.

Thanks!

On Tuesday, June 4, 2013, Jackson Doak <noskcaj at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> what wifi version does each laptop have?
>
> On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 6:06 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Dear friends,
>> I'm having a very, very weird issue. Never had this before.
>> I have one router at my place right now. I'm using right now two
laptops, one is my main, other is my test. BOTH connected to the same
router via WiFi.
>> On my main laptop, the internet speed is normal. They upgraded my
internet recently and provided me with Fiber Optic so my internet speed
jumped from 1Mbps to 8Mbps.
>> On my main machine, when I go to: www.speedtest.net, I got the whole
8Mbps.
>> On my test machine, it is STILL using and showing the same speed of my
old speed O_o
>> I checked at different times, same result. Showing 1Mbps.
>> What is going on?
>>

>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> amjjawad