Adding networking via USB 3G modem

Lars Noodén lars.nooden at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 16:29:35 UTC 2013

On 07/31/2013 06:56 PM, josewendy1 wrote:
> Hi guys for me in this situation I go to the icon in the taskbar right click and
> turn off wireless, wait a few seconds go back to it again and turn back on and
> for me it usually recognises the the wireless adapter.

On one machine there is no such icon but on the other there is a network
icon so I gave it a try.  I tried turning networking off and then on
again with the ethernet removed and the USB modem inserted and LXDE
still doesn't see the modem.
Same for LXDE->Preferences->Network Connections

Maybe the problem is related to the model of the modem.  I really have
no idea how Lubuntu vs Kubuntu handles them.  In Kubuntu, it is just to
plug it in and it shows up as a regular wired connection.

Regards,
/Lars