[Lubuntu-qa] [Feedback Needed] zram-config

leszek.lesner at web.de leszek.lesner at web.de
Thu Jul 18 21:03:50 UTC 2013

I don't get your Problem Ali.
I thought you tested out zram and I explained how it technicaly worked. If the unamed Community you are working together with still does not see the benefit then they maybe don't know what you are talking about and simply don't understand the technical background.
Maybe an argument like apple now uses this for their new osx version too might be something to convince them.

All in all zram or how it was called in previous incarnations compcache is nothing new really. Most smartphones use this technology to boost memory space like my n9 here. As modern computers nowadays have lots of ram applications tend to use more (see chromium). So even for this 4GB or even 8GB RAM machines zram can be usefull as a fallback swappartition. (that you normally don't create on hd for this machines).

For the community stuff and the other stuff you were talking about. I don't see a big issue. Sharing is still the fundamental innovation engine for almost all opensource projects including lubuntu. I guess you missunderstood phill.