[Lubuntu-qa] [Feedback Needed] zram-config

Ho Wan Chan smartboyhw at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 19:56:52 UTC 2013

Hello Ali (et. al),

I think you need to understand something.

1. You shouldn't base zRAM results on Lubuntu. You should base results on
the flavour that the community mentioned has created.

2. The community you mentioned is rather conservative. They don't like to
add things without detailed planning. And pre-Alpha 2 may be a good time to
add things in Lubuntu, but may not be for the community you mentioned.

3. The community you mentioned wants zRAM to fit into the strategy document
of the flavour which the community mentioned has created.

So what I can recommend here is that you should do zRAM tests using the
flavour which the community you mentioned has created and create a full
proposal as the community you mentioned has requested.

Regards,
Howard Chan (smartboyhw)
Ubuntu member, Ubuntu QA tester

P.S. Nio, I think I understand why Ali doesn't want to mention the
communities you join since if he tells you there is a possibility that you
(and the Lubuntu team) will not understand why he left and might even hate
him. I do know which two communities he is mentioning about, and which
specific community is he getting problems with zRAM.