[Feedback Needed] zram-config

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 13:21:11 UTC 2013

Dear Members of Lubuntu Community,

As all of you know, zram-config has been added by default to Saucy Build
for Lubuntu - special thank to Leszek Lesner, the one  who suggested to add
it by default [1] - and some of the community did many tests and shared the
results and I was one of those [2].

After I resigned from Lubuntu and while I'm still a member of this
community but with no leading roles anymore, I do need your help. I have
joined other communities and started to help them with testing and soon,
other tasks.

I'm trying to suggest the same idea of adding/enabling zram-config by
default in order to increase the performance but one of those communities,
is not really interested or to be more accurate, they are asking for more
data that support the arguments. I have offered to carry on many tests and
have already sent my first report yesterday but they seem not yet
convinced.

Long story short, if you could be so kind and nice, would you mind
answering these simple Qs for me, please?

*zRAM Feedback - Survey *

   1. Have you noticed any improvement in the performance of your system
   after zram has been enabled by default with Saucy Daily Build? *(Yes/No)*
   2. Have you noticed any improvement to your CPU Usage (less CPU Usage)? *
   (Yes/No)*
   3. Have you experienced any problems because of enabling zram by default
   (system freezing, very high CPU usage, high temperature, etc)?  *(Yes/No)
   *
   4. You are testing Lubuntu Saucy with _ _ _ MB/GB RAM?
   5. In general, do you think adding zram will add more complications to
   the kernel or to the system and cause some stability issues? *(Yes/No)*
   6. Any other feedback/note you would like to share?

As always, thank you so much for your cooperation in advance.

This will not only help me or other communities,it will help Lubuntu
to reassess the advantage/disadvantage of adding zram :)

[1] - https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lubuntu-users/2013-June/004445.html

[2] - http://amjjawad.blogspot.com/2013/06/zram-testing-reports.html
<http://amjjawad.blogspot.ae/2013/06/zram-testing-reports.html>
P.S.
This should help me to convince them ;)

--

"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

*Best Regards,*
*amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*
*Start Ubuntu<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>
*