Is there a way to get scrot to capture the mouse cursor?

Tue Jul 16 19:12:30 UTC 2013

On 07/16/2013 10:42 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Aere Greenway
> <Aere at dvorak-keyboards.com <mailto:Aere at dvorak-keyboards.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 07/16/2013 01:16 AM, Lars Noodén wrote:
>
>         On 07/16/2013 08:33 AM, Aere Greenway wrote:
>         [snip]
>
>             The screen-shot tool I use (accessed via
>             Menu...Accessories...Screenshot)
>
>         [snip]
>
>         Which tool is it?  There is nothing in the Accessories menu in
>         a default
>         install of Lubuntu.
>

>         regards,
>         /Lars
>

>     Lars:
>
>     This seems to be a weakness of our repositories, in that it is (at
>     least with my level of expertise) an often very difficult task, to
>     take an application you are using, and determine the package name
>     it comes from.
>
>     Before sending the e-mail, I attempted to identify the package,
>     but was unable to determine it.
>
>     The help about information ought to supply it, but in this case,
>     it was no help.
>
>     --
>     Sincerely,
>     Aere
>

> Worry not.
>
> Open Task Manager: Menu > System > Task Manager
>
> Open that Screenshot application
>
> See the new entry on Task Manager
>
> OR:
> Before you click to open it, what is the name of the entry on your
> menu for that app???
>

> --
>
> "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>
> *Best Regards,*
> *amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*
> *Start Ubuntu
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>*
> *My Own Business <http://alilinx.blogspot.com/>*

Ali, and all:

Thank you very much for the tip.

The entry in menu of the app is "Screenshot", so that is no help.

But the other way, looking in task manager actually disclosed its
'secret' name.

I had to sort the entries by "Command", but when I did that, and
carefully searched through the long list, the only entry that suggested
it might be connected with taking a screenshot, was called:

gnome-screenshot

I looked up that package in Synaptic Package Manager, and found it to be
installed.

So this method does allow you to find out the 'secret' name of the
package an application comes from.

--
Sincerely,
Aere