Lubuntu alternative sessions script

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Fri Jul 5 22:58:44 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013, at 03:44 PM, Mr Wislr wrote:

> it should simply be two options

Why?  Who are you to say how many options other people will want to
create, or will want to have available?  If they are good, and can be
added to Lubuntu without using too much disk space or RAM or effort from
the developers, and they are of benefit to some fraction of potential
Lubuntu users... why not have ten themes, or even twenty themes? Windows
XP itself has more than two!

> provide an mac like alternative layout and your done.
>
> otherwise you will be doing this all day, lubuntu unity style, lubuntu
> kde style, lubuntu gnome style, lubuntu cinnamon style.

If other people want to do the work of creating such themes and in the
end we decide they are good enough to be included in a package of such
themes for Lubuntu... why not let them?  Who does it harm?

You may not want to spend time on this.  I don't plan to spend my time
on it, either!  But that does not and should not prevent those who *do*
want to spend time on making Lubuntu "prettier" like this from doing so.

I'd rather we have twenty themes/sessions/templates available, and then
(somehow) choose the best five or ten of them to be officially available
in Lubuntu, than that we artificially limit things to "just Lubuntu and
OSX, done" before thing really get started.

Let people who enjoy this stuff have fun doing it -- it is harmless :)

Jonathan