[Lxde-list] LXDE-Qt preview

PCMan pcman.tw at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 12:27:26 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Jerome Leclanche <adys.wh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Really awesome.
>
> And holy hell, the screenshot looks like it could have been Razor-qt.
>
> I'm really glad we have an actively developped file manager and image viewer
> in Qt as those were two apps that were seriously missing.
>
> What is the desktop+file widget on the screenshot? Is it another lxde app,
> or pcmanfm taking care of it?

BTW, the desktop management feature of PCManFM-Qt is optional.
You don't need to turn it on if you don't like it.
Regarding to desktop icons, I just figured out a new idea.
I can add a special mode for desktop widget.
In this mode, pcmanfm-qt does not cover the whole desktop background.
Instead, it only covers a specified area and don't try to manage the
whole screen space.
In this way, we can still manage the wallpaper with razor-qt and
pcmanfm-qt can work just like yet another desktop widget.
Is this acceptable for your needs?