Lubuntu alternative sessions script

leszek.lesner at web.de leszek.lesner at web.de
Thu Jul 4 08:24:13 UTC 2013

Let me first say its nice that you put some work in it.
But I must warn you here that shipping this kinds of scripts is a complete security risk.
First of all the script itself uses apt-get -y calls which have the potential to destroy dependencies delete packages and leave a non working packagemanager.
Second is the wiki.ubuntu.com site shouldn't be a place for storing scripts. Instead it should be a place where you show how to transform a normal Lubuntu look into your lubuntuosx look for example.
If the script gets compromised on the server and a user just executes it (believe me they do) without looking into it it will be doomsday for a lot of users. So my advice would be removing the script asap and not making it a potential harm to the user.
We could discuss maybe to use your configuration in the script as a seperate package maybe for lubuntu ppa or something (which has signed packages and so on) . All inall its a nice idea but we really need to be careful with spreading scripts.