ad/spyware query

Phill Whiteside PhillW at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 21 13:49:44 UTC 2013

There are no plans to include 'lens' in lubuntu by default. For one thing,
it'd not meet the requirements for not using any CPU or RAM when running :)
AFAIK lens is a part of the ubuntu desktop environment, which is different
to lubuntu's (and xubuntu, kubuntu).

The same applies to pulseaudio, not shipped by default because of resource
issues, but easily installable by who ever wants / needs it.

Please also note that there are NO LTS releases for lubuntu, the core
ubuntu parts (kernel, borwser etc.) will receive updates via the core
ubuntu teams. Anything that starts lx will not receive updates outside the
normal life (18 months). This is simply due to the lack of developers to
backport things and the quite considerable changes that occur with lubuntu
from release to release.

Regards,

Phill.