Lubuntu to more people on more networks :)

Ioannis Vranos ioannis.vranos at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 19:43:33 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 7:29 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ladies and Gentlemen, we are glad to announce that Lubuntu has expand its
> Social Networks and we are now on ... well, have a look :D
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/ContactUs
>
> Indeed, Lubuntu now is on every well-known Social Network and we shall carry
> on to reach to more people :)
>
> Your help, support and contribution is highly appreciated :D
>
> As always, THANK YOU for choosing and using Lubuntu!
>
> P.S.
> This is just Phase 1 from a huge project. Phase 2 will start when some
> activities will start on these networks and Phase 3 will start when MORE
> people will start using Lubuntu. Phase 4, IMHO will start when MORE resource
> will be interested in Lubuntu like developers, serious contributors,
> testers, etc etc. Of course we seek quality not quantity. This project
> deserves to be used by more users and reach to more people.
>
> This is my vision and I'm sure many will agree with me. And above all, this
> is the job/task of our team, the communication team - reach to the whole
> world with one word, Lubuntu.

All these are nice, however the truth is, Lubuntu is not ready for
inexperienced users.

Mainly because LXDE has not reached version 1.0, and some
functionality is missing, for example a menu editor (although I think
Lubuntu can use lxmde), or the ability to add new programs at Desktop
Session Settings.

Myself recommend Xubuntu, or Kubuntu, for inexperienced users (and
probably Ubuntu GNOME Remix at version 13.04).

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://www.cppsoftware.net