Keeping the sub-teams active and up-to-date

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 14:08:26 UTC 2013

On 9 February 2013 19:35, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have sent an email on 27th of Jan, 2013 (13 days ago) for each member of:
>
> 1) https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-wiki-docs
>
> 2) https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-comms
>
> 3) https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-support
>
> The email had this subject: "Team Members Activity" .
> Then, I have re-sent another email yesterday as a last reminder.
>
> Long story short, I have *removed  *the* 'inactive members' who did NOT
> reply my email for 13 days.*
>
> *As always, whenever you feel ready to contribute, please feel free to
> re-join and you are more than welcome*.
> All your contributions were and still very much appreciated. I'd like to
> thank you personally for all what you have done and I'm sure you understand
> the sub-teams must remain active and communications between the members of
> each team is very important.
>
> Thank you!
>
> --
> *Best Regards,
> amjjawad*
> *https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/*
> Lubuntu One Stop Thread <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755>|
> My Launchpad <https://launchpad.net/%7Eamjjawad> | My Ubuntu Forum Profile<http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=941822>
> **

I personally haven't been affected by any of this but it seems odd to me
anyone would try to make it more difficult to join in. Just because someone
isn't active now doesn't mean they won't be able to contribute at a later
date. I'm more than happy for you guys to do as you please but I'm a bit
perplexed by purposefully removing those who sign up to something of their
own accord.

Jared Norris
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris