lxshortcut does not work

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 08:13:58 UTC 2013

> > I've not seen that on general chat of bugs. Lubuntu does not use 12.04.1
> > (it is not an TS), nor does it use 12.04.2
>
> It does if you update it, because /etc/lsb-release is part of
> base-files, so when that is updated by a point release, and you update
> your Lubuntu system, that file really *is* updated, and after that, your
> Lubuntu machine *will* report that it is running 12.04.1 or 12.04.2 or
> whatever the latest point release for that version is.

This is perhaps the most confusing part of the endless talk about "Lubuntu
is or is not an LTS" and if I understand correctly and as I always used to
explain to our users who are asking about that:
Lubuntu's Core System, which is Ubuntu, is an LTS, that is all. Everything
else is not, like the applications - for example LXPanel, etc.

We all know why Lubuntu is not an LTS as I suppose -
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu#Lubuntu_12.04_is_not_an_LTS

But this confusion is really better to be cleared so again, please correct
me if I'm wrong:

Lubuntu's Core system is the same as Ubuntu's Core System and if Ubuntu's
Core System is an LTS version the same goes to Lubuntu's Core System. If
Ubutnu 12.04 is an LTS then Lubutnu's 'Core System' is an LTS too?

Thanks!

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden at fastmail.fm>wrote:

> On 01/31/2013 09:46 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
>
> > I've not seen that on general chat of bugs. Lubuntu does not use 12.04.1
> > (it is not an TS), nor does it use 12.04.2
>
> It does if you update it, because /etc/lsb-release is part of
> base-files, so when that is updated by a point release, and you update
> your Lubuntu system, that file really *is* updated, and after that, your
> Lubuntu machine *will* report that it is running 12.04.1 or 12.04.2 or
> whatever the latest point release for that version is.
>
> So there may not officially be "Lubuntu 12.04.2" -- but there are plenty
> of Lubuntu machines around that report they run 12.04.2 LTS :)
>
> Jonathan

*Best Regards,
amjjawad*
*https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/*