Merry Christ mas!

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 00:58:00 UTC 2013

@Dale Visser
This isn't sophisticated enough to include in the release, IMHO.  It
converts all of the icons, including ones that are other sizes.  It
would be better if it could be integrated into the menu updating script
(whatever that is), so it checks what the image's size is and if the
size is above some amount it will resize the icon to a reasonable size
every time an app is installed.  It seems that this issue is solely
related to the xpm format.
@Lubuntu User List
It seems that it should be able to be resolved in a different way, but
this is a nice hack to get icons that aren't crazy.  I suppose it would
be even better if the script would convert to png format, and parse the
desktop file and change the Icon= field to use the new icon, rather than
using the old icon, and leave the old xpm alone. Though that might be
too hard to do.... I am no Bash expert.  When I find a bug, I try to
figure out a way to fix it if no one else does.  That is the beauty of a
GNU/Linux OS.  There is almost always a way to do virtually anything you
want... you just have to want to do it enough to figure it out :)