A few Lubuntu Menu things... (Anyone an expert in shell scripting?)

Sat Dec 21 16:45:49 UTC 2013

On 12/20/2013 09:31 PM, Israel wrote:
> I think once you have completed this list we
> should forward it to someone appropriate in the larger Ubuntu community,
> since there are some that are missing their icons completely.
Israel & All:

There are quite a few packages I work with that have no icon.

In my experience, these are either applications that don't have a GUI
interface, and run only from the command-line (such as fluidsynth).  The
GUI wrapper for fluidsynth (qsynth) does have an icon.

Others are support software, such as awesfx (used for loading soundfonts
into soundcards having hardware synthesizers) and midisport-firmware
(which is needed in order to use some MIDI interfaces).  Also, soundfont
packages (such as fluid-soundgont-gm and fluid-soundfont-gs).

Others are DSSI plug-ins, such as fluidsynth-dssi, and hexter.

Some of them started as a simple hack to solve the lack of something,
then became supplied because it was so useful.  The package ghostess is
an example of this category.

--
Sincerely,
Aere