Need to go past the login details of Lubuntu

Jordan florentior at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 23:31:45 UTC 2013

Hi Harry,

One problem might be with the video driver on a specific machine. When
you get to a terminal screen (either ctrl+alt+f1 or through grub at
bootup), type

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade dist-upgrade

Let upgrade/dist-upgrade supply the packages that are missing.  It's
highly likely (but not certain) that the driver will be in the
repositories and supplied during this process.  When you reboot after
downloading the missing packages, see if you get the login box.

If you don't see an improvement, there's usually a way to supply a
(non-free) driver manually through a thumb drive.  Go to the video card
manufacturer website, find the driver, dl it onto the thumb drive and
mount the thumb drive into the linux machine.  Move the file to a hard
drive and then execute it.  This is a pain, but sometimes the only
solution.

Jordan