Need to go past the login details of Lubuntu

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 22:42:34 UTC 2013

On 12/18/2013 02:32 PM, River Bank wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After installation using live-cd since i have old machines i get stuck
> on the the login details for lubuntu since it does not prompt me to
> fill in a user name and password. I have tried severally the long
> process of re-installing and still no joy. Kindly assist on how to get
> about this.
>
> Warm regards
> Admin Harry
>
> --
> Riverbank cyber for all your office solutions: hardware and software
> solutions, color prints(photo), fast internet, latest movies.
>
> Contact: 0708805634 or 0205222231

Hi, are you reinstalling on an old machine, where you have kept the
/home as a separate partition?  What version are you running (i.e. the
current 13.10)
Are you saying that you get stuck in the installer (ubiquity)?  Or you
get stuck in the Login Screen?  If you get really stuck on the login
screen, does the computer lock up, or can you still interact, and drop
to a tty (Ctrl+Alt+F1)... if you are unfamiliar a tty is the terminal
screen, which will prompt you to log in to your user account, and enter
a password.  This way you can fix the issue, from within the terminal.