Mini Ubuntu Project (AKA Mubuntu)

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 13:17:39 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/17/2013 02:47 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> > Note: the name might be change later so don't pay much attention to the
> > name, but the idea itself :)
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2130718
> >
> > Myself and Nio have teamed up to work on this project so I'd like to
> invite
> > ANYONE who would like to join us ... he/she is more than welcome to join
> :)
> >
> > Everything should be explained on the above thread.
> >
> > If you have any Q, please do ask :)
> >
> > Thank you!
>
> The level of user this might be targeting would also be able to install
> the minimal CD, add lubuntu-core plus any specific applications they
> want.  Maybe this project is better as a short HowTo on the net
> somewhere or as a short article in some Linux publication.  Have you
> tried selling the idea as an article to them?
>
> Regards,
> /Lars
>
> --

Hello Lars,

Myself and guess Nio too are serious to have an installable system that
should be 'lighter' than Lubuntu and 'more simple' than Lubuntu. We might
have two versions, one with OBI (One Button Installer) and other version.
First version will be based on Ubuntu 12.04 and the later versions can be
based on Ubuntu 14.04 but it is too early for that now.

This project is not meant as a HOWTO, there is an ISO and everything :)

http://amjjawad.blogspot.com/2013/12/minimal-ubuntu-aka-mubuntu.html

Thank you!

Best Regards,