latest chromium-browser using high cpu on any page

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 13:40:54 UTC 2013

@Jordan

I was being excited about QupZilla, not Chromium.
I think the thing to offer the choice of browsers would be the ubiquity
installer.  I have never looked at what makes up ubiquity, so I have no
idea.  I am not even sure what language it was written in.

I don't know what the dev options are for QupZilla, but it might end up
being a nice browser for day-to-day browsing.  I suppose the reality of
switching to it at a later date will be if it is Actively developed, and
has a strong developer community behind (i.e. wont disappear overnight),
though WebKit itself has a strong community of developers, so it should
be fair safe, and offer a good browsing experience.  Also it would need
to be in the official repositories to actually be included, and would
need a lot of testing on a lot of machines.

I was really just excited to have a Qt browser that is fast and has a
lot of features to use on old computers when LXQt comes out one day in
the future (and is fully usable).

@sd you should check out QupZilla, it offers quite a bit.  (Alt+Scroll
Wheel for horizontal scrolling).  Not sure if all the dev options
available would suit you, but it allows for WebKit  plugins.  I just
started trying it out, and am pretty impressed with it so far.  It is a
much nicer alternative to Opera, as Opera is closed source/proprietary.