latest chromium-browser using high cpu on any page

sd superduper3000 at outlook.com
Sun Dec 15 08:38:31 UTC 2013

Hi thanks for the suggestion, it helped me though not directly. I was a
problem with one of the extensions I was using (Vimium).

I created a bug report using ubuntu-bug chromium-browser - and in
process of doing that I looked at the files it attached and then come to
the idea to check the extensions - I put now the bug status as invalid
as one cannot delete them. By, the way, I have to remember never to use
ubuntu-bug anymore - it attaches a lot of files to the bug - that while
important for the bug developers, I do not feel like sharing - I removed
them manually from the bug report.

It was not about my machine being particularly slow (it is not the
latest, but i3 core is still powerful enough) - the vimium was also
broken some time ago, and it seems now with latest chrome it really
kills the cpu on any page. I tried also another linux chromium build of
the same source version - it has same problem.

Firefox is a solid browser, I use it up and now, to test something, or
as fall-back and I have it always installed and I am happy with it, but
it is not a replacement for Chromium - the developers tool and the js
debugger are better in Chromium; and especially with regard to usability
in low end-devices: the horizontal scroll (Shift + mouse wheel) in web
pages works in Chromium, but it is not supported in Firefox; Firefox
consumes more screen estate in limited resolution that Chrome (as
Firefox cannot hide the window manager border) (you can handle window
decoration with an openbox shortcut, but it is not convenient).

Thanks again. I am happy it is not a direct chromium problem, though
browsing without Vimium for a while is not much fun.