latest chromium-browser using high cpu on any page

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 13:56:56 UTC 2013

ubuntu-bug chromium

should report it just fine.
I have found Opera runs very fast on my oldest computers, though it is
proprietary.  If you have a REALLY slow computer it makes using the
internet much more plesant, though I would rather it be free and open.
I did a lot of testing of all the web browsers on that computer, before
I gave it to someone.  I tried Chromium, Firefox, Opera, Dooble, Midori,
Seamonkey (well most of the browsers in the repos, except Konq) and all
of them took +5 Seconds to open.  Firefox took about 1 second less than
Chromium, and Opera took about 2 seconds, pages also responded much
quicker, than in the others, and if I had a bunch of stuff going it
wouldn't bog down completely.  Midori was also pretty fast (for
navigating), but loaded the same as the others.
If your computer is REALLY slow I'd suggest tryng it out for a more
pleasant experience.  If not, enjoy Firefox.