Lubuntu 13.04: mysterious occurrence of icons appearing to be dragged

Thu Aug 22 14:32:44 UTC 2013

On 08/22/2013 06:41 AM, Iberê Fernandes wrote:
> Hi fellows,
>
> I could not replicate this on saucy daily yet, but I see this strange
> "bug" on 13.04 every time I create a file on the desktop and move it
> to a desired place on the desktop.
>
> Looks like it affects more people besides me.
>
> More info:
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/314694/lubuntu-13-04-mysterious-occurrence-of-icons-appearing-to-be-dragged
>
> Have you ever seen it?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Best regards,
> Iberê

Iberê:

I usually experience this behavior when I try to manually arrange
desktop icons.  It seems they don't stay where I wanted to put them.
It's been that way from when I first started using Lubuntu, and I just
don't try to arrange my desktop icons anymore.

I just now tried re-arranging my desktop icons, and it seems much
better-behaved than it used to be.  I was actually able to re-arrange
them, and they stayed where I put them (well, approximately where I put
them), and in some cases they stayed selected, even when I clicked
elsewhere on the desktop.

So the situation is much better now than back when I gave up on using
the functionality.  Of course, I don't know if they'll stay where I put
them the next time I reboot.

--
Sincerely,
Aere