Default Firefox bookmarks missing Ubuntu Forums link

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 09:01:53 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 12:46 AM, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17.08.2013 22:42, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> > Definitely, we are here for those new users and we are here to show our
> > full support so I totally agree with you :)
> >
> > Hmm, how about a better link than Ubuntu Forums? how about:
> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LubuntuLinks (AKA LOST - Lubuntu One
> Stop
> > Thread) ? One Bookmark, has it all :)
> [snip]
>
> I was aiming low and put in a general request for Ubuntu as well as
> Lubuntu.  Lubuntu devs already work hard so I hesitated to make an extra
> request.  But maybe it is worth it to point to the Forums, LubuntuLinks
> and the Lubuntu Users' mail archive.
>
> Regards,
> /Lars

Even better idea :)

Why not include: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/ContactUs

This is even better than LubuntuLinks because this should be the official
page that has all our official contacts, including LubuntuLinks, Forums,
Mailing Lists, etc. I made sure to include everything on that page long
time ago and I always keep an eye on that page and update it every time it
needs an update.

IMHO, better than include any other link, it is more efficient and
professional to include that link, which is Contact Us.

IN FACT, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/ContactUs should also be mentioned
on the Slide Show that appears during Lubuntu Installation Process :)

Ubuntu Forums is an important area for support BUT it is NOT the only area,
there are many other areas and this link:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/ContactUs has all these areas whether
support or non-support.

Just a thought :)

--
*Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
*Best Regards,