No sound, no volume control in system tray ( Lubuntu 13.04 fresh install on a new hardware)

NikTh nickth at openmailbox.org
Wed Aug 14 11:20:29 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-13 22:50, Nio Wiklund wrote:

> I often install them (pulseaudio and pavucontrol). What disadvantages
> are there to have them by default in Lubuntu? Size of CD? Any other?
>
> Best regards
> Nio

I assume that the CD size is not an issue, because of the small size of
those packages. There was an opinion out there, that pulseaudio creates
problems and conflicts with some alsa components. Despite this opinion,
in every Lubuntu installation I made, I had to install pulseaudio and
pavucontrol in order to manage my USB-headset.

-- NikTh --